Sunday, May 17, 2015

#1,494: Stuffing Meatballs

For years now I've been making meatloaf stuffing muffins, in muffin tins.  Although the recipe is super simple and my family loves them, I absolutely hate cleaning out the muffin pans when I'm done.  The ingredients in this recipe are quite similar so I figured we would probably like this one...but I also thought that trying to make this on a cookie sheet would end in a big globby mess.  I was happily proved wrong!  Not only do these taste so similar to the meatloaf muffins, but they are 1000 times easier to clean up!  I will definitely be making these again and there is a super strong possibility that these will be replacing my meatloaf muffins.  :)

This recipe says to make these the size of a meatball and serve over noodles....YUCK!  These are way too dense to eat with spaghetti.  It also says to make them using 1/4 cup of meat mixture, but that is HUGE for a meatball.  Unless you are a giant.  So I made these as directed but ate with a side of veggies.  I personally would have enjoyed this dipped in a little spaghetti sauce, but my family and kids ate it dipped in ketchup.  Let's be honest, I ate these right off the pan.  It doesn't need a dipping sauce.  :)  It's also great cut-up and eaten with roasted veggies.   



2 lb. ground beef (I used 1 lb ground turkey)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) StoveTop Stuffing Mix for Chicken (I still used the entire box of stuffing)
1-1/4 cups water (I started with about ½ cup and added more until it was moist and mixed well but not overly wet)
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400ºF.  Line two large cookie sheets (I only needed 1) with foil; spray with cooking spray. Mix ingredients just until blended; shape into 32 (1-1/2-inch) balls, using 1/4 cup for each. (I got about 20 out of it)

Place on prepared pans. Bake 16 to 18 min. or until done (160ºF).


No comments:

Post a Comment