Monday, May 25, 2015

#1,502: Quick-Pickled Radishes

I really, really want to like radishes, and can tolerate them in small doses, but figured I would give this recipe a try to see if I like them more.  I'm super happy to report that I LOVED this recipe and will be making these again very, very soon.  They got pretty spicy the longer they marinated, so if you don't like a lot of heat/spice, I would cut back dramatically on these.  I was able to coerce 2 of the 3 kids to try these at dinner and although they did not like them, they still ate one small slice.  Love, love, loved this! PS...I'm 99% sure I found this recipe in the Rachel Ray magazine.  

12 radishes, thinly sliced
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
4 whole cloves
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
3/4 c distilled white vinegar
1/2 c water

Place thinly sliced radishes in a glass jar and set aside.  In a saucepan combine water, sugar, salt, cloves and red pepper, and bring to a boil.  Add vinegar.  Pour vinegar mixture over radishes and let stand 30 minutes; chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment