Sunday, May 17, 2015

#1,493: Enchilada Casserole


As you can tell by my continual lack of posting recipes, I am really struggling this semester to find the time to make new recipes for my family!  :(  I hate that!!  BUT never fear, summer is just around the corner and time off from school is sooooo close (11 more days to be exact!  Wahoo!).  So then I will have SO much more time to do the things I love: 
  • Spend time with my kids
  • Crossing items off our bucketlist
  • Trying new (and often healthy) recipes!


I actually have made a few new recipes the last few weeks (not nearly as many as I'd like though), but just haven't had the time to upload them.  So since I'm at a standstill on my end-of-the-year slideshow for school for tonight, I figured this was the perfect time to update this and get these recipes posted. 

I guess I'll start with my most recent one...as I made this recipe tonight for dinner.  I had to modify it a little bit for my family and their picky needs, but it was pretty minor.  Overall my family really enjoyed this, especially Brian, Allison and I.  The other two are my pickier eaters so it wasn't a surprise that they weren't gaga over this.  (Don't let that dissuade you though). This was super simple and would be a great way to use up some extra taco meat.  

1 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce (I used a little less than half a can)      
1 cup salsa
6 flour tortillas (10 inch) (I made this in an 8x8 pan and only used 3 shells)
2 cups fresh or frozen corn (I omitted)
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside.

Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.

Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment