Monday, May 25, 2015

#1, 504: Paleo Egg White Muffins

I really, really, really wanted to like this recipe.  If you love eggs, then maybe you will be a fan of this one, but I hated it.  I actually threw it all away, I couldn't even finish one.  I'm sure it's my preferences/tastes and not the recipe itself, but blech!  This was super simple to make though and would be a great way to use up leftover veggies you have in your fridge and is great for paleo/whole 30/protein meals.  

6 eggs (I used egg whites) 1 zucchini peeled and chopped
1/4 jar sun dried tomatoes
4 ounces cooked ground beef (I used cooked and crumbled bacon)
1/2 onion chopped
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350F.  In a pan sauté the onion and minced beef until the beef is cooked.  Remove from pan and combine with the remaining ingredients and whisk together.  Scoop the batter into a greased muffin tin.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Number of Servings: 12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment