Saturday, November 9, 2013

#1,117: Slow-Cooker Cranberry Sauce


Just in time for Thanksgiving...a real, super easy, warm cranberry sauce!  I just started eating fresh cranberries and I am loving them, although they are so tart I can only eat a little bit at a time.  This My kitchen smelled wonderfully fall as I cooked this recipe this morning.  I absolutely love the crystalized ginger in this recipe and will add a lot more the next time I make this.  I'm pretty sure I'm bringing this for Thanksgiving this year, even if I'm the only one enjoying/eating it!  Yum, yum, yum!! 

Plus I can make it the night before or even the morning of Thanksgiving since it cooks in the crockpot so quickly.

My kids did not like this.  I wasn't surprised though.  The girls didn't like it at all, but Matthew at least attempted to eat it, as he made sour faces at me.  Priceless and funny at the same time!
1 12 ounce package frozen cranberries (3 cups) (I used fresh cranberries instead)
1/4 cup  orange juice (I used fresh squeezed oranges)
1/4 cup  maple syrup (I used honey)
2 tablespoons  crystallized ginger, finely chopped     
1/8 teaspoon  kosher salt

Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours. Use a potato masher to coarsely crush the cranberries. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool. Serve at room temperature or cover and chill up to 3 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.

Note: If you don't have a 2-quart slow cooker, combine ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened (no need to crush). Transfer to a bowl and let cool or chill

No comments:

Post a Comment