Sunday, November 3, 2013

#1,112: Paleo Teriyaki Chicken

This was too ugly to take a picture of.  :)  I bought some really big chicken breasts and it just wasn't a pretty dish, so I didn't take a picture of it.  Sorry.

My family really enjoyed this recipe, I however, did not.  The meat itself tasted good, but I didn't like the smell of this coming from the crockpot.  Because of it, I was not too impressed with this recipe...smell is everything right?!  This was also supposed to be make in the oven or grilled, but I threw it all in the crockpot.  Maybe that made the difference too??

My husband however took the leftovers for lunch so that's always a good indication of his like of a recipe or not. 

4 boneless skinless chicken pieces
1 clove garlic
½ C honey
1 c tamari (I used coconut aminos)
¼ c water
¼ tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
¼ c white wine

In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Place chicken in freezer bag. Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag, and let marinate 8 hours or freeze.
 
To serve: Thaw if frozen. Remove from marinade. Grill chicken until juices run clear, occasionally brushing with marinade. 
 
To cook in oven, place in a greased baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350ºF uncovered 20-30 minutes. Uncover; brush with marinade. Bake uncovered 20-30 minutes longer or until juices run clear, occasionally brushing with marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment