Sunday, November 3, 2013

#1,115: Crockpot Paleo Breakfast Casserole with Sweet Potatoes



So I was pretty sure that I was not going to like making eggs in the crockpot.  I don't know if it's because there were so many more sweet potatoes than eggs, or if they just cooked up really well in the crockpot, but I overall really enjoyed this recipe.  It lacks a little flavor, but I enjoyed reheating this for breakfast this week! 

Coconut Oil (to grease crock pot)
8 Eggs
2 Sweet Potatoes
2 Red Onions
2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
1 lb Meat of your choice (I used organic pork sausage)


Crack eggs and place in a bowl. In a food processor, slice (thinly) sweet potatoes and red onion.  Whisk eggs together and add the paprika. Mix the meat of your choice into the sweet potato and onion mixture, pour the eggs on top and mix all together.  Coat your crockpot liberally with coconut oil, or use a crockpot liner and coat with a little oil.  Anything touching the crockpot or liner will stick.  Add your mixed ingredients and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. (I opened it once to mix it all together...I know you are not supposed to!).

No comments:

Post a Comment