Wednesday, March 21, 2012

#512: Chili Coke Roast

 
First of all, this is the easiest recipe to make and throw together.  I put the roast in the crockpot still frozen and let it cook ALL day on low.  However, we must have gotten a bad cut of meat because after 10 hours this still was not super tender, so I kept it in the crockpot for several more hours and we ate it reheated for dinner the next day.

Personally, this would have been 100 times better fresh and not reheated, so for that reason I didn't love it.  However, I would definitely try this again with meat that specifically says "pot roast" (also from Kroger b/c they label their meat well!).

Regardless, Brian and I enjoyed this but the girls did not.  They aren't pot roast fans though.

1 beef roast, 3-4 lbs.
1 can Coca-Cola
1 package onion soup mix
1 bottle chili sauce (I used about 1 tbsp hot sauce)
 
Place all ingredients in crock-pot and cook for 7-10 hours depending on size of roast. The meat will flake apart when done. Serve over mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment