Saturday, March 3, 2012

#505: Pizza in the Crockpot


This name is very misleading.  This has NOTHING to do with pizza except some of the toppings you would find on a pizza.  Regardless of the name, it was quite an easy, yummy dish to make.  I undercooked the noodles slightly so it wouldn't get mushy in the crockpot and I only cooked it for about 2 1/2 hours. I forgot to add the cheese so we just sprinkled some grated Parmesan on top instead.  I'll definitely be making this again.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 medium green pepper, chopped (I omitted)

1 medium onion, chopped
15 oz tomato sauce
14 oz pizza sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups Rotini shaped pasta, cooked and drained (I used penne instead)
6 oz sliced pepperoni
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese

In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper, and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste; mix well. In a slow cooker, layer pasts, beef mixture, pepperoni, and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment