Saturday, March 3, 2012

#502: Waldorf Salad


I'm looking for healthy side dishes to add to my lunch menu this week, so I figured I'd give this recipe a try.  I've had it bookmarked on Pinterest for quite a while, so it was about time to make it.  It was definitely easy to throw together, and I love all of the fresh fruit and ingredients.  The girls weren't big fans of it because I put the walnuts in it.  :(  I love walnuts too much though to leave it out. 

I thought this was really, really yummy.  I'm not sure if it's going to last until Monday when I need it for my lunches, but that's okay because I can quickly throw together another batch.

1/2 Cup Celery, chopped (I omitted)
2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cubed (I kept the skin on)

1/2 Cup Grapes, halved or quartered depending on size
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
1/4 Cup Walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Plain or Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp Orange Juice

2 Tsp Honey
1/4 Tsp Salt

Combine the celery, apples, grapes, cranberries and walnuts in a bowl.  Set aside. 
Stir the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until combined and pour over the apple mixture.  Stir until the fruits and nuts are evenly coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment