Saturday, March 3, 2012

#503: Raisin Walnut Quinoa


Months ago, I ripped out a recipe from one of my magazines that had mix-in ideas for quinoa, barley or bulgur.  Originally I kept it because I had some barley in the pantry.  But I never made this recipe.  Well today, I had some leftover cooked quinoa so I figured it would be a great way to try it out.  The original recipe called for adding in raisins, almonds and scallions, but since it's still before 7 am and I'm looking for breakfast ideas, I figured I'd change it up a bit and make it more early-morning friendly.

I loved this and had 2 bowls.  This would be an easy breakfast to have on hand and eat warmed up in the microwave or cold...I'm not that picky!

1 c cooked quinoa

1/8 c raisins
1/8 c chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
juice of 1 orange

Mix all ingredients together and stir to combine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment