Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#509: Slow Cook Chicken Stirfry


We made this for dinner this week and I am SO happy with how this turned out AND how easy it was.  I had to ask Brian several times if he really liked it because I LOVED it and plan to make this again very, very soon. 
 

The only change(s) I would make next time is to throw the chicken in the crockpot whole and probably still frozen so it could cook longer during the day.  Then when ready to serve, I'll just pull out the chicken and cut into smaller pieces and add back into the liquid. 
3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, minced (I used fresh ginger)

1 cup celery, sliced
5 ounces water chestnuts, sliced and drained
1 onion, sliced
2 cups low sodium chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (It needed a lot more!)

1 cup mushrooms, sliced (I omitted)
1 pound bean sprouts, drained (We used 1/2 can)

2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup almonds, slivered (I used Chinese Rice Noodles instead)


Cut chicken into strips about 2-inches long and 1/2-inch thick. Place chicken in slow cooker with salt, ginger, celery, water chestnuts, onions, bouillon, and soy sauce.  Cover and cook on low five to six hours.

Turn control to high. Add mushrooms and bean sprouts. Cover and cook on high 15 minutes.  Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with extra soy sauce, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment