Sunday, August 1, 2010

#2: Mini Pizza Cups

I made these Mini Pizza Cups for book club tomorrow night.  It's a recipe that I clipped out of a magazine (Taste of Home) and have been hoping to make for some sort of gathering.  Ideally, I probably should make these when I'm serving them so I can serve them still warm.  We'll see how they reheat tomorrow. 


The original recipe called for refrigerated dinner rolls.  I had refrigerated buttermilk biscuits so I used those instead.  I think they turned out just fine with the substitution. 


Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Mini-Pizza-Cups


1 tube (11.3 ounces) refrigerated dinner rolls
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese


Separate dough into eight rolls; cut each into quarters. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.

Spoon pizza sauce into each cup. Sprinkle with onion, green pepper, pepperoni and cheese. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until crusts are browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 32 appetizers

No comments:

Post a Comment