Saturday, August 7, 2010

YONR #5: Watermelon and Feta Salad

It looks odd right???  Yet a little intriguing??  That's what I thought too, so when I came across this recipe I knew I just had to try it.  I found this in my Family Fun magazine (http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/try-a-surprising-salad-907310/) and immediately ripped it out. 

It's weird.  But it's surprisingly very good.  I had it for breakfast and lunch, and I'll probably have it again for dinner!  I'd give this a low 4 stars.  I didn't have any fresh basil or mint so I just used a pinch of dried basil.  I think the fresh basil would definitely make it a lot better...and prettier!!

Ingredients:
8 cups cubed watermelon
2 to 4 ounces cubed or crumbled feta
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Fresh basil or mint


Instructions
Mix the watermelon and feta. Toss with a dressing made from the lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with slivered fresh basil or mint. Serves 8.



No comments:

Post a Comment