Saturday, August 21, 2010

YONR #11: Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Fingers


This recipe can be summed up in two words: EASY and YUMMY
I found this recipe in my Real Simple Family Magazine and was not disapointed by how easy and good these turned out.  I'm letting them sit on the counter to completely cool and hope I can store these in a tin so Allison and Chloe can take them to school with them this week and share with their friends for breakfast.  (I'll let you know if it turns out that way!)
**These are definitely best the day you make them (w/in 12 hours of baking).  Putting in a ziplock bag made these soggy;  The fridge gave them a funky taste; I think a tin on the counter worked best, but again, eaten the day of was the best.**



Serves 1:
Hands-On Time: 5m
Total Time: 5m

Ingredients

1 frozen waffle
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1.Cut the frozen waffle into sticks (½ inch thick). Melt the butter with the sugar and cinnamon in a medium skillet over medium heat.

2.Add the waffle sticks and cook, turning often, until caramelized and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment