Sunday, August 8, 2010

YONR #6: Crunchy Potato Chip Chicken


 
I am always looking for variations for chicken recipes.  I came across this one on the Betty Crocker website (http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/quick-n-crunchy-potato-chip-chicken/703fe479-0743-4db4-b1e9-c5d33ad8a1e2)

I wanted to make this healthier (how can you do that when it's coated in potato chips right?) so I baked it instead of frying it in oil.  I don't think it made much of a difference.  My family loved this!  Brian gave it 4 1/2 stars, I gave it 4 stars, Allison gave it 5 stars and Chloe gave it 2 front teeth and a tongue. ha ha! 

4 cups sour cream and onion-flavored potato chips, crushed (1 cup)

1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 large egg (next time I would use 2 egg whites instead.)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (if you are frying it)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)


1. In shallow bowl, mix crushed potato chips and parsley. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and Worcestershire sauce.
2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with potato chip mixture.
3. If frying: Cook chicken in oil 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until deep golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F)
   If baking: Bake 25 minutes in a 370 degree oven (or until cooked all the way through)

No comments:

Post a Comment