Tuesday, August 10, 2010

YONR #7: Walnut-Apple Snack Cake


We spent the weekend at my in-laws and I was scouring all of my MIL's Country Woman magazines for new recipes.  This recipe was one I found.  I made it for an upcoming Recipe Swap Girls Night In I'm hosting at our house.  Of course I had to try it before I served it (although I would have served it regardless) and was not disappointed by this one!  http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Walnut-Apple-Snack-Cake

Personally I would make this next time with more heath bits and maybe just a tad less apples. The nutmeg in this dish is fabulous!! Mmmm...I could have eaten the "dough" raw. Yum!

2/3 cup butter, softened
1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-1/4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
1/3 cup chopped walnuts


In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.


Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the apples, toffee bits and walnuts.


Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 18 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment