Wednesday, August 11, 2010

YONR #8: Apple Punch


Don't judge the picture! It was either serve it in that (for the picture), plastic cups, or wine glasses. I thought the margarita glass looked the least ridiculous! To go along with our Apple Theme for my Recipe Swap Girls Night In, I also decided to make a punch recipe.  This one looked easy so I figured I'd give it a try.  I found this recipe at CDKitchen.com  (http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recipetemplate.php?scale=12&mid=9944)

MMM...it was good. I could easily drink the entire pitcher myself.  Although the LAST flavor I could taste was the apple juice.  The orange juice came out the strongest, followed by the cranberry juice.  This was a huge hit at my GNI.  I will definitely be making this one again....maybe with champagne though.  : )

Apple Punch
Serves 25:
32 ounces apple juice -- chilled
1 cup orange juice
12 ounces cranberry cocktail, frozen concentrate -- thawed
6 cups ginger ale or champagne -- chilled  (I used diet ginger ale)
1 apple -- whole (I omitted this since I was serving in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl)


In large punch bowl, combine apple juice, cranberry cocktail and orange juice. Stir to dissolve. Slowly add ginger ale or champagne. Vertically, slice apple to form thin whole apple slices. Float apple slices on top of punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment