Monday, August 2, 2010

#3: Cake Balls

I found this recipe in Parents Magazine.  It was easy and I had almost all of the ingredients on hand.  I had VERY high hopes for this recipe, but I was not impressed.  : (   However, I accidentally used a bit too much frosting in the mixture so I'm hoping that's why it was so gooey!  I will try to make this again eventually, but next time will only use 1/2 can of frosting (instead of more like 3/4 like I did this time) and maybe try cream cheese frosting instead.  So dissapointed with the way these turned out.

Bake your favorite cake mix as directed.  When cool, crumble cake into a large bowl and add 1/2 can of vanilla frosting.  Use your hands to mush together, adding more frosting if it seems dry.  Roll into 25 walnut size balls and put on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. 

For the icing mix together 2 cups powdered sugar and 4 tbsp water until smooth (add more water if needed).  Dip each ball in icing and place on wax paper.  Coat with sprinkles and let set. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG-- I want these! And I want them NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't over do the frosting!! They were mush when I made them...super easy though

    ReplyDelete