Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,810: Thai Chicken Salad

We have a disagreement at school during lunch about which is better canned shredded chicken or fresh shredded chicken.  I am the minority of that vote who greatly prefer canned chicken over fresh chicken.  So in the recipe photo above (which I was making just for myself, I used canned chicken.  The salad was delicious and I decided to make it again for some friends, but this time I figured I'd actually cook and shred fresh chicken and add that into the salad.  Although I will deny saying this to my friends, the fresh shredded chicken was actually quite good!  The dressing in this salad is tangy, a bit sweet, and yet a tiny bit spicy.  I like it.  (In my head I said that last sentence with a weird, definitive accent, so please try to read it that way! 🤣).  I strongly recommend this salad...it was THAT good.  


2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
2 cups red cabbage, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup peanuts, roasted & unsalted
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp rice vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Instructions

In a large bowl, add all ingredients listed in the order above and mix with spatula until well combined.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment