Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,792: Potsticker Meatballs

This is the brand I used for the sauce. 
A little goes a LONG way.
I randomly decided to make this recipe because I had some ground pork on hand, and I am so glad I did!  Not only was this an easy recipe to throw together, but it makes a really quick lunch or dinner. I felt like these meatballs needed some sort of sauce though to make them even better, so I tried to make some pot sticker sauce to go with it, and it was good, but it wasn't thick enough for my liking.  Then I found some general tso gluten free sauce from Thrive and YES it made these so much better...and spicier.  If you do add the sauce, you just need a little bit!! 
Anyhow, back to the meatballs.  The original recipe said to pan fry and then put in the oven.  That was one step too many for me, so I just baked all of mine.  Although the flavor was great, these didn't brown up as much as I had hoped so don't expect super dark colored meatballs (again, another reason why the addition of the sauce is even better!).

1 pound ground pork
2 small carrots, grated
3 medium green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 cup almond flour
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons coconut oil (I omitted since I baked mine)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the coconut oil. Scoop out a little of the mixture at a time to roll into medium sized meat balls. Lay the meat balls out on a clean sheet pan.

(I skipped this step) In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat balls in batches on all sides. Remove the browned meatballs with a slotted spoon and place back on the sheet pan.


Once all the meatballs have been browned place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through (I baked mine for about 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and toss with a little general tso sauce if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment