Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,793: Almond flour chocolate chip cookies

I don't know if you all enjoy the taste of almond flour as much as I do, but I might get a little too excited when I see it used in a recipe.  So since I happened to have some on hand (I usually do!), I figured I'd give these almond flour chocolate chip cookies a try.  I'm a fan of raw cookie dough, and this cookie dough was no exception (I know...you aren't supposed to eat raw cookie dough!!).  These are quite good...they are NOT as good however when you forget they are in the oven until you smell them burning and are shocked to see you never took the last batch out!  I might have almost cried (and then got Young Living Purification Oil going in my diffuser to get that burned smell out of my house).  

Although mine look NOTHING like the original posters recipe, I'll still make (and eat) them again.  


1 + 1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/4 cup avocado oil (or baking oil of choice)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Mix until ingredients are well combined.

In a separate medium bowl, combine egg, oil and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, gently folding all the ingredients together until well combined.

Fold in mini chocolate chips.

Cover dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or reusable silicone mat.

Using your hands, roll about 1-inch dough balls and place on baking sheet. The cookies will not spread, so they do not need much space between them.

Gently press each dough ball to slightly flatten it (do not flatten all the way, just a little).

Bake for 7-9 minutes until tops begin to brown and dough is set.

Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooking rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment