Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,789: Chocolate Fig Energy Bites

What do you do when you have dried figs sitting in your pantry for a few weeks and want to find a recipe to use them up...you do a google and pinterest search and find healthy energy balls to make with them! Energy balls are eaten often in this house but I didn't think my kids would go for these (I was right).  Although I liked these, the texture is a bit soft.  I liked these (it's got chocolate chips in them, how could I not like them?!), but I prefer oatmeal and peanut butter energy balls much more.  


1 c dried figs
½ c + 2 tbsp water
1 c old-fashioned oats 
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used ground oats instead)
¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp miniature chocolate chips

Add the figs and water to a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes before adding the hydrated figs and leftover water to a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Let the mixture cool completely to room temperature. (Place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.)

Add the oats, protein powder, and cocoa powder to a medium bowl, and stir until thoroughly combined. Mix in the fig paste until fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Lay a sheet of wax paper on a large plate. Shape the chocolate mixture into 32 balls, placing each on the wax paper after rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment