Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,809: Chicken Sausage Egg Hash Brown Bake

Can you tell I'm on a sausage/egg/cheese/hash brown kick!?  That's what happens when you have leftover ingredients from a recipe and want to find a new/different recipe/way to use it up in.  I was super surprised how much I enjoyed this casserole/egg bake.  I was running out of cheddar cheese so I improvised and added sliced provolone on top (I pushed it into the egg mixture a bit) and the result was the super brown and crispy topping.  

2 lb bag frozen hash browns thawed
1 lb pork breakfast sausage sage or spicy (I used chopped chicken sausage)
½ onion finely chopped
8 eggs
½ cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a sauté pan, cook onions and brown and crumble sausage. 
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
In a baking dish, spread thawed hash browns into bottom of dish.
Spread cooked sausage on top of hash browns.
Next, pour egg mixture on top of that.
Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese on top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.

Take foil off and bake for additional 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on it to make sure the cheese doesn’t brown up too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment