Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,804: Parmesan Hash Brown Cups


I had some leftover hash browns in my freezer and wanted to find a quick way to use them up, so I gave these baked cheesy hash brown cups a try and they were a big hit with my crew!  The kids didn't even mind the specks of "grass" they saw on top (ignore them, they get that from their dad...it was just chives!).  These are so simple and as long as you bake them long enough, they pretty much pop out of the muffin tins.  If they won't come out, you either didn't grease the cup well enough or it's just not ready (it's probably not ready!).  I used Parmesan and a little mozzarella, but you could use whatever cheese you have on hand.  The original recipe also says to grate a potato, but the thawed shredded hash browns was so much easier!

These also reheat well from frozen (just microwave for about a minute). 


1½ pounds potatoes (I used a bag of defrosted hash brown potatoes)
1 small yellow onion
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chives, minced
2 tablespoons garlic herb seasoning (I didn't have this so I used a little bit of brown sugar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and parsley)
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or parchment line the wells of a 6-well jumbo muffin pan (I used regular muffin tins).

Cut ends off onion, remove outer later, and grate.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stir well to combine, then add to the prepared wells in the muffin pan.  Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes until the tops are golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment