Tuesday, September 25, 2018

#2,794: Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts


First of all, ignore the lumpy icing in this picture.  This was the first batch I made and I've finally learned that you cannot add a solid to a liquid and expect it to fully incorporate (i.e. flour into a hot sauce; powdered sugar in to hot maple syrup and butter; gelatin into fruit puree, etc.  #NOTtalkingfromexperience).  Happy first day of October and all things pumpkin!  See that cute background?!  I told Brian I needed a Halloween background and he told me to use his tie.  HA...it worked.  I now have a WHOLE LOT OF potential backgrounds for my pictures, although his ties might start getting messy that way!  

I was on a hunt for a gluten free pumpkin doughnut (and an excuse to buy a doughnut pan!), so I figured I'd give these doughnuts a try.  The first batch was devoured very quickly, even by Brian who I had to promise his did NOT have pumpkin in his.  I've made these a few times since and we fight over the last one every time.  These are really easy to make and I love the maple frosting/glaze.  Definitely give these a try!



For the Pumpkin Doughnuts:
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin purée
3 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1½ cups brown rice flour
1 cup almond flour

For the Maple Glaze:
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup maple syrup
1⅓ cups confectioners’ sugar

Preheat your oven to 350°.
Cream together the butter and sugar for 1 minute on medium to high speed. Add in the pumpkin purée and mix for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl.

Add in the eggs, one by one, and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.

In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and flours. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together for 1 minute.

Spray your doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Fill a piping bag with your doughnut batter and pipe the batter into your doughnut pan. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Remove the doughnuts from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.

While the doughnuts are cooling, make the glaze: In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the maple syrup. Once the butter has melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the confectioners’ sugar.

Dip each doughnut face down into the glaze. Let dry on parchment paper, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment