Sunday, December 10, 2017

#2,039: Blueberry Zucchini Bars


A co-worker recently brought in this recipe for us to try and share.  Unfortunately I had already eaten breakfast that day, so I never tried it.  But I DO happen have zucchini AND blueberries in my freezer waiting to be used up.  I greatly cut back on the amount of sugar in this recipe so that they could eat this for breakfast, and it also was supposed to be made in a loaf pan, but I decided to make this in a 9x13 pan instead.

This isn't super sweet (since I cut back on the sugar), but my kids loved this for breakfast!!  If you were serving this as a dessert, I'd definitely use the recommended amount of sugar.  


3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c vegetable oil
3 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c sugar (I only used 1 cup)
2 c zucchini, shredded

3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 c blueberries (I used frozen, thawed)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.  In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.  Fold in zucchini.  Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.  Gently fold in blueberries.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Cook before cutting into squares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment