Saturday, December 2, 2017

#2,027: Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie Dough

My 10 year old found this recipe on Facebook when we were watching cooking blogs/stories together and asked if she could make it for us one day.  She painstakingly, debated about which of the 4 versions she was going to try and finally settle on this Chocolate Chip cookie dough version.  She was so excited to try it and thought she could eat it right after it was mixed...except it was a watery, very unpleasant looking mixture.  So we threw it in the freezer to firm up.  It got rock solid in the freezer so we had to let it sit out a little bit before we could actually eat it.  To my surprise, both of my girls hated this, but my super picky 5 year old son actually enjoyed it!  I personally did too, but it's probably because I could taste the peanut butter, which I love.  I don't think I'd personally take the time to make this again, but I'm glad we tried it. 

1 can chickpea, drained (liquid reserved) and rinsed
¼ cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chickpea water
½ cup chocolate chip

Spread drained chickpeas onto a towel and pat dry.
Remove chickpea shells.
Place chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla, honey, and salt into food processor.
Mix halfway then add chickpea water to help consistency.
Add chocolate chips to mixed dough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment