Sunday, December 10, 2017

#2,035: 3 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies

I was looking for easy Christmas cookie recipes, and my co-worker/friend suggested these 3 ingredient cookies using cake mix and vegetable oil.  Ok, so it's 4 ingredients because you probably want to top with some sort of frosting or glaze.  I rolled mine in powder sugar before I baked them.  These are so simple, and very moist...and my kids are loving them.  I had 2 different cake mixes on hand, so I made a batch of German chocolate cookies, and fudge cake mix cookies.  We can definitely tell a difference in the two, and we all prefer the chocolate fudge ones more.  If you don't want to dip these in powder sugar, you could drizzle on (or dip them in) a powder sugar/milk glaze.  I also thought about sandwiching 2 of them with some vanilla frosting...maybe next time.  :) 

1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix (any kind)
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs

confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling (if desired)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir dry cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.  Shape dough into 1" balls.  Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment