Saturday, December 2, 2017

#2,030: Linguine with Brown Butter, Pecans, and Basil


I'll be honest, this recipe was supposed to be made with gnocchi instead of linguine, but I refused to but another pasta (even though I love gnocchi) when I have so many open boxes in my pantry!  So I was using what I had on hand!!  After I made the brown butter sage sauce recently with my aunt, I was super excited to try this recipe as well.  I apparently love brown butter sauces, because I loved this!  It was so good, and super easy to make.  I would definitely make this one again!

2 16-oz. pkg. potato gnocchi
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups packed torn basil leaves, divided
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about cup)

Cook gnocchi (or in my case linguine) according to package directions.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pecans and cook, stirring often, until nuts are toasted and butter begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add gnocchi and cook, tossing, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.

Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and almost all the basil. Serve topped with remaining basil and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment