Saturday, December 2, 2017

#2,031: Easy Banana Cake

I have a lot of random types of flour in my pantry: whole wheat, self-rising, all-purpose, and bread flour.  I also, (as usual), have a bunch of over-ripe bananas I need to find a use for.  So I did a quick Google search for banana cake using self-rising flour and came across this recipe which uses one POT (instead of one bowl) to prepare it.  I was also out of butter (thanks to a double batch of cheesy potatoes I made), so I had to substitute coconut oil in this recipe as well.  

This cake was so easy to make and is super moist.  I let my kids have a piece of it tonight before bed and they devoured it.  They already have their plates set out tomorrow for breakfast.  Personally, I will cut down on the amount of sugar next time since it's a bit much for breakfast, but for a once in a while treat, I'm ok with it.  I will definitely make this recipe again! 


125 g butter (I used coconut oil)
3/4 cup caster sugar (I used granulated sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 bananas mashed ripe
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup milk
Mini chocolate chips (optional)

Melt the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan. Remove from heat.

Add mashed bananas and stir through until just blended.  Add 1/2 cup of the flour and mix, until just combined.  Add milk and egg and mix in well. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of flour.  I also added some mini chocolate chips which melted because of the warmth of the mixture.  I then spread this is a lightly greased 9x13 pan and topped with more mini chocolate chips.  

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment