Saturday, December 9, 2017

#2,033: Breakfast Sliders

Ok, this seriously may be my new favorite (current) meal!  My mom makes a similar version of these sandwiches for parties that are called "Hammies" or "Turkeys" (depending on the type of deli meat she uses).  I've never had them for breakfast with eggs though before.  I figured I'd give this recipe a try, and 2 of my kids (not surprisingly) wouldn't even try them.  However, my oldest (and most willing to try a food) LOVED these.  I made just a few for dinner last night, and I'll be making more again for lunch for the two of us today.  They are SO good! 


1 pkg (12 count) Hawaiian Rolls
8 - 10 eggs (depending on how much egg you want on your sliders)
6 large slices provolone cheese (thin slices)
sliced ham (at least 6 large, thin slices)
¼ cup butter (melted)
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Scramble up your eggs however you like to do them. (I cook them in some melted butter, with salt, pepper, and a bit of milk). 

While the eggs scramble, cut the entire package of rolls in half, separating a top and bottom layer.  

Place the bottom sheet of rolls in a pan and top with a thin layer of provolone cheese.  Top with cooked, scrambled eggs, a layer of ham slices, and then another layer of cheese, if desired.  Add the top layer of Hawaiian rolls.

(If making ahead of time, stop at this point, and refrigerate until ready to bake).  

In a small bowl, combine melted butter, mustard and brown sugar. Stir until well combined, and the sugar is at least mostly dissolved.  Using a pastry brush, coat the tops of the rolls with the mustard/sugar mixture. 

Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes (until cheese gets nice and melt-y).  Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before cutting into individual sandwiches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment