Sunday, October 20, 2013

#1, 108: Tomato Balsamic Pot Roast


Once my family saw there was tomato chunks in this pot roast, I knew I was going to have to entice them to eat this for dinner by putting it on a roll.  Thankfully that did the trick.  This carb loving family will eat almost anything on a small, crusty roll.  :)

I however, ate this over some riced cauliflower.  It was really good.  I loved it...and so did my family! 
1 chuck roast (appx. 3 lbs. but you can modify based on your needs!)
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes (I used a can of whole tomatoes)
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika

Place onion and garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker. Mix all of your spices in a bowl and rub into the roast on all sides. Put the roast on top of the vegetables.

Add fire roasted tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. The roast will be extremely tender! Plate using a slotted spoon and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment