Sunday, October 6, 2013

1,098: Balsamic Sweet Potato Salad


Doesn't the name of this recipe just sound yummy?  I absolutely love sweet potatoes.  Hard to believe I once used to hate them.  They are SO good.  I've been enjoying them baked/mashed with some coconut milk, salt, pepper and bacon.  Delish!  This recipe is much different than my mashed sweet potatoes, but so good. 

1 large sweet potato
1 tbsp pomegranate balsamic vinegar (I used plain balsamic)
2 tbsps chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, briefly toasted (I used chopped cashews)
1 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes. Put in a pot, cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes – potatoes should be tender but still firm. The trick is not to get them mushy or your salad won’t hold up as well. Set aside and let cool.

Whisk together the oil, vinegar and cilantro. Stir in the walnuts and onion then toss together with the potato.  Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment