Sunday, October 20, 2013

#1,106: Bacon-wrapped breakfast cups

Can you tell I've had a lot on my mind lately?  With school starting again and now going through my Master's program, not only am I posting recipes as frequently, but I keep forgetting to take pictures of them!  Sorry...I hate that!

Now this is my kind of breakfast recipe!  Bacon and eggs....yes please!  I wasn't sure I was going to like the shredded sweet potato in this, but I loved it.  LOVED it!!  These are great reheated during the week.

6 Slices of All Natural Bacon
10 eggs
1/2 c Shredded Sweet Potato
1/2 of a Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
3/4 c Baby Bella Mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 t Garlic and Herb Mrs. Dash
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Partially pre-cook the bacon if you want to ensure it’s crispier (that’s what I did.) While it cools, whisk all other ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Once bacon is cool, line 6 muffin pan cups (not the little cups because it won’t be enough room. Use medium to large.)

Next, pour the egg mixture into the bacon, acting as though it is now the cup, and bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until you can stick a fork into the cup and it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment