Sunday, October 20, 2013

#1, 107: Pumpkin Breakfast Pudding


This recipe is super, super easy and I often have all of the ingredients on hand.  The only thing I disliked about this recipe was the texture.  It truly is more like a baked pudding, but I prefer crunch/texture in my foods.  So I added some raw cashews and it made it much better.  This isn't my favorite breakfast, but it was good and a nice make-ahead breakfast for a change.

2 cups coconut milk
1 can mashed pumpkin
1 ripe banana
cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
salt
1 tbs. coconut oil, melted (I omitted)
3 tbs. almond meal (I used raw cashews instead)

Preheat oven to 350. Place the first five ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.  Season to taste with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and salt.  Add to a lightly greased 8x8 pan.  Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Combine melted coconut oil with almond meal. Again, season to taste and then sprinkle over top of baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until topping is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment