Sunday, October 20, 2013

#1,103: CrockPot Lime Beef Stew

I'm a bad blogger...I forgot to take a picture...again
 
After making and eating this recipe there is one thing I learned very well....lime does not meld well with beef stew.  Ech!  I wanted to like this because I made a big pot of it, but I could only stand to eat this for two days and had to throw out the rest.  The lime just ruined the flavor of this.  Thumbs down from me!

Beef Stew Meat - 1 kg, diced
Sweet Potato - 1, peeled and diced
Red Onion - 2, chopped into rings
Lime - 2, quartered
Garlic - 4 cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
Kaffir Lime - 3 leaves (I omitted)
Salam Leaves - 2 leaves (you can use bay leaves instead)
Ground Cumin - 1 tsp
Ground Coriander - 1 tsp
Ginger Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - to taste
Coconut Milk - 1 can
 
Combine all ingredients in your CrockPot and mix well.  Set the CrockPot on low and allow the dish to cook for 7 to 8 hours.  Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment