Friday, October 13, 2017

Recipe Revisited: Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Salsa

I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes in my garden, and a friend gave me a gigantic cucumber from her garden, so I knew that I needed to make some fresh salsa with it.  I remembered that I had a garden salsa post a while ago, so I figured I'd give it another try and add some essential oils to it as well.  I loved this salsa, although it was a little watery for my liking.  That certainly doesn't mean I didn't eat all of it though!  :)

4 cups garden fresh tomatoes (washed and chopped) (I just washed since they were cherry tomatoes)
1 bell pepper (any color, roughly chopped)
1 garden fresh cucumber (washed, peeled, and roughly chopped)
1 large sweet onion (peel and quartered)
2 garlic cloves (peeled)
1 fresh jalapeno (de-seeded & de-veined) 
juice of two fresh limes (I used about 6 drops of Young Living Lime Vitality Oil)
I also added a few drops of Young Living Lemon Vitality Oil
2 handfuls fresh cilantro
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika

Add all ingredients to a large food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides then blend until well combined and smooth in consistency.

Refrigerate immediately in an air tight container and allow the flavors to blend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment