Friday, October 13, 2017

#2,010: BBQ Chicken Supper Pie


I found this THREE INGREDIENT main dish in a recent issues of Taste of Home edition of Name Brand Hacks.  What?!  A super fast dinner I could get in the oven in less than 5 minutes and ready to eat in about 30?  YES please!  This was supposed to be made with sweet potato waffle fries, but I used regular waffle fries instead.  My family had mixed reviews over this recipe but overall liked it.  3 of us liked it a lot, 1 liked it enough to eat it again, and one complained the whole time (the 5 year old!).  If I make this again I'd actually make 2 changes: 1 double the bbq chicken.  2.  Add a whole lot more waffle fries.  I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use the whole package of the waffle fries so I just did 2 layers of fries in the pan.  The layer touching the bbq chicken got soft and mushy (one of us didn't like that part of it...the rest of us didn't care), but the top layer was much crisper.  The recipe says this serves 8, but this does NOT make a huge pan, so I would say it would serve a family of 3 best.  That's why I think if I added more bbq chicken, it would be a more filling meal.  I also couldn't add a whole bag of corn....I already had to listen to griping from the little bit I added.  

16-oz. tub of Lloyd’s Seasoned Shredded Chicken in Original BBQ Sauce
1 package fo Green Giant Roasted Corn (I used about 1 cup)
1 package of 
Alexia Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries (I used regular waffle fries)
In an 8-in. square baking pan, combine the Seasoned Shredded Chicken with a package of Green Giant Roasted Corn. Top with Alexia Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries; bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Makes eight servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment