Saturday, October 14, 2017

#2,011: 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Biscuits and Gravy

One of my sweet students shared some recipes with me, and told me that this was the one that I had to make first.  So of course I made sure to get all of the ingredients so I could make it this weekend and have a recipe/chef sharing chat with him on Monday.  This was a ridiculously easy recipe to throw together and although I would probably cut down on the amount of soup used (I like my biscuits a little drier, but that's a personal preference), I'd definitely make this again.  I knew if I had any chance of my family eating this I had to swap out the cream of mushroom for cream of celery.  Brian "claims" to have a mushroom allergy....I think he just doesn't like them...but it's rubbed off on the kids too (they don't like them, they aren't allergic).  I love how easy this recipe is to throw together.  Although it says to cook on high for 2 hours, but I had to cook mine on high for 3 hours for it to be fully cooked in the middle.  

1 lb bulk breakfast sausage 
2 cans refrigerator biscuits (not grands size)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of celery)

Brown and drain the sausage.  Layer 1 can of biscuits in the bottom of a greased slow cooker.  Top with half the sausage and then 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
Repeat the layers once more.  Cook on high for 2 hours (mine took 3) just before time to serve breakfast.  Or 4-5 hours on low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment