Friday, October 13, 2017

#2,007: Bacon Ranch Cauliflower Muffins

I had some riced cauliflower in my freezer and normally I add it into taco meats, chili, etc. to pump it up with vegetables.  I wanted a simple recipe I could made ahead and reheat using the riced cauliflower and this recipe surely seemed simple enough.  Although I liked this recipe, it did not reheat well.  I didn't enjoy it reheated at all.  So personally, if you are going to make these, plan to halve the recipe or just make however much you plan to eat that day. 
1 head of cauliflower (I used a defrosted bag of riced cauliflower)
2 large eggs
1 packet ranch seasoning mix
1 1/4 shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided into 1 c and 1/4 c
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tsp. chives, plus more for topping


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
(I skipped this step) Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it forms large crumbs. 
Place cauliflower in paper towels or cheesecloth and wring out any excess water. Pour cauliflower crumbles into a large bowl.

Add eggs, 1 c cheese, ranch seasoning, about 3/4s of the bacon, and chives.

Spritz a muffin tin with cooking spray, then fill each one about 2/3s full.

Top with a sprinkle of cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden. Garnish with additional chives before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment