Friday, October 13, 2017

#2,005: Zucchini Cake

A friend gave us a HUGE zucchini a few weeks ago, so I grated it and threw some of it in my freezer so we could enjoy the zucchini in baked goods for several weeks.  I like to try and find muffins or breads to make for my kids for breakfast every few weeks or so.  I came across this easy recipe for zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting, but I didn't want my kids eating frosting for breakfast, so I just omitted it.  This recipe was a HUGE hit with my crew and one that I will definitely make again for them.  Actually maybe I should go pull another bag of zucchini out of the freezer!  

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) (I added a few dark chocolate chips instead)

Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients with zucchini and nuts. Stir till well combined, then pour in greased 9×13″ pan (I made it in an 8x8 pan instead). Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

(I skipped this step) Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment