Friday, October 13, 2017

#2,009: Fresh (and fast) Cherry Tomato Sauce

When you have a whole garden full of tomatoes, you make fresh tomato sauce!  I loved this recipe because it used ingredients I already had on hand (yes I had fresh basil) and I was able to make it so quickly.  This recipe takes less time to make than it does to make the pasta!  I loved this and I have made this more than once with my produce.  

1 pound pasta
Kosher salt
1/2 cup olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 pints cherry tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of sugar
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)

Cook desired pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12" skillet or wide heavy saucepan over medium-high. Add garlic, then tomatoes, pepper, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst and release their juices to form a sauce, 6–8 minutes.

Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil. Top with Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment