Thursday, February 12, 2015

#1,457: Thai Inspired Turkey Meatballs


If you plan on making, eating or enjoying this recipe, you have got to be a fan of ginger!  The flavor of the ginger really comes out in this recipe.  I fortunately am a fan (not a huge one though) so I have been enjoying these a lot.  I tend to overcook my meatballs, but the zucchini in this really keeps them moist.  I would definitely make these again.  

1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey meat (you could use ground beef)
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. zucchini, grated and drained
1 carrot, grated
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp. lime zest
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. fish sauce (I omitted this)
1 large egg
1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs (I used regular breadcrumbs)

sweet chili dipping sauce (I omitted)

Combine all the ingredients and mix well.  Form into meatballs and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Bake at 350F for 20-25 min. until cooked through.  Serve with sweet chili dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment