Wednesday, February 18, 2015

#1,460: Blackened Pork Chops

Those look pretty good don't they?!  I was quite impressed with how easy this recipe was and how visually appealing they were...as I'm not a big pork fan.  Overall the family enjoyed these.  The flavor was pretty good on these.  However, I personally thought they were really chewy.  I think I like my porkchops in the crockpot better because they get much more tended.  I do like the look of these though.  I asked Brian if he wanted me to save him the leftovers and he said no...that's not a good sign in our house!  I probably won't make these again for my family, but they aren't bad...see what your family thinks!  It sure was an easy recipe!

1 lb Pork Chops (I used boneless, thin cut)
1/2 Tbsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne

Heat oven to 350 F.

Pulse the thyme, basil, and oregano in a spice grinder until they are more like a powder (optional). 

Mix together all the spices and liberally sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the Pork Chops. 

Over medium-high heat, with 1 Tbsp olive oil, sear the Pork Chops for 4-5 minutes on each side. (I seared mine for about 2 min on each side in an oven safe cast iron skillet).  


Place the Pork Chops in a baking dish (my cast iron skillet went straight into the oven) and bake for 10-15 mins or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment