Thursday, February 12, 2015

#1,456: Banana Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Chips

My kids are not big fans of oatmeal, so I wasn't so sure they were going to like this recipe.  So to combat that slightly I added a heck of a lot more chocolate chips to this recipe in hopes of luring them in!  It at least helped do the trick, because they have already requested that I make them again and were mad at their daddy for eating the rest of the chocolate chips and prohibiting me from making them.  LOL  I'd say this was a win!

3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup milk (I used chocolate almond milk)
2 eggs
1 tbsp Baking powder
3 cups Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I used more like 1 cup!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a muffin pan and/or liners with with non-stick spray.

Mix all ingredients together and stir to combine. Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.

Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.


The muffins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment