Thursday, February 12, 2015

#1,458: No bake Kettle Corn Granola Bars

I have been dying to make these since the second I came across this recipe!!  I made these for the little one to take to school to share with his friends.  I'm hoping they enjoy these as much as I do!! :)

This is so easy to make, but it doesn't make a very big batch (about 8 granola bars).  You might want to double this and make in a 9x13 pan instead.  These aren't going to last long!


1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran (I used wheat bran)
2 cups kettle corn, blended to a broken consistency
1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp honey 
2 tsp sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided

In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, oat bran, broken kettle corn, and sugar.  Set aside. 

In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter of choice with the honey and heat until the mixture is melted completely. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. 

Allow to cool slightly and stir in the chocolate chips and mix very well. (I didn't let this cool for very long and my chocolate chips melted (as I expected them to).  I think it still tasted great though!).

Line a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with baking paper. (I used 8x8 pan and mine were a little thicker).  Pour the mixture into the pan and press firmly with your hands evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Remove from the pan and cut into 8-10 bars.

Note: These bars can be kept outside the refrigerator for up to 1 week, otherwise store in the refrigerator. Try using a mild tasting nut butter like almond or cashew to maintain the kettle corn taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment