Thursday, February 12, 2015

#1,454: Slow Cook French Dip

This picture is terrible...mainly b/c the bread I used was so bad.  Well, not bad I suppose, but just not photogenic or crusty enough for this recipe.  This was a VERY good recipe though and my family ate this in toasted bread, but I loved mine atop some cooked spaghetti squash.  This was great as leftovers too!!!

And seriously, can the grocery store start selling individual servings of beer?!  I had to borrow one from a co-worker for this recipe since we don't drink beer!  I know I could have omitted it or used beef broth but I figured it would give it better flavor.  :) 


4 lb. rump roast
Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 c. beef broth
1 small onion, cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 can beer
French Rolls
Butter
Provolone Cheese (I omitted)

Place Rump Roast in slow cooker and season to taste with Montreal Steak Seasoning.  Add onion, garlic, broth and beer and cook on low for 6-8 hrs.

Butter the french rolls and toast under the broiler for a few minutes.  Layer cheese on rolls and broil until melted and bubbly.


Thinly slice the roast, placing the beef on the toasted rolls.  Serve the au jus and serve with the sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment