Sunday, May 18, 2014

#1,246: Taco Sweet Potato Bites


This recipe came from a love of two different recipes and ideas.  I had leftover taco meat which had peppers, spinach and petite diced tomatoes in it and I had sweet potatoes needing to be used.  So I sliced the sweet potatoes and roasted them in the oven and then topped them with the taco mixture.  Oh my is was delicious!!  Love!  Love! Love it!!  I had to stop buying sweet potatoes so I stopped eating these.  Otherwise I could literally eat it for every meal.  :)

Wash and thinly slice your sweet potatoes.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Lightly brush some olive oil (or use olive oil spray) on top of the sweet potatoes.  Roast in a 425 degree oven for about 40 minutes, flipping once.  Be careful to keep an eye on your sweet potatoes so they don't burn.  The thicker the slices, the longer it will take to cook.

In the meantime, heat up leftover taco meat so it is hot when the sweet potatoes come out of the oven.  When the potato slices are done, top with the taco mixture and enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment