Tuesday, April 19, 2016

#1,790: Chicken and Waffle Bites



There aren't a ton of recipe that I make that my entire family (and I mean everyone!) goes ga-ga over.  I was a little disappointed in my crew for making such a big deal about this recipe and raving about how great it was.  I made chicken and waffles with frozen chicken tender and freezer waffles.  (This is such a silly recipe I almost didn't post it!).  Sadly, I can't take credit for this super easy recipe either as I found it here.  I was supposed to make these waffle bites using mini freezer waffles, but I can't find them in my town (or at least where I shop...unless I want chocolate flavored!), so I just got regular sized ones and cut them into quarters.  My family loved this so much I've made it twice already.  So sad that THIS is what they want for dinners.  LOL  

Frozen mini waffles, toasted
chicken tenders, cooked
real maple syrup (this was pushing it with my family, so I omitted)
toothpicks

Slice your cooked chicken fingers into 3-4 pieces each. Break your toasted mini waffles apart.

Sandwich 1 piece of chicken between 2 mini waffles. Secure with a toothpick. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment